green metallic coral

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

mandarin man

Aquarium Advice Regular
i just got a green metallic coral that was given to me. It is still small and hasnt really matured yet but i dont know much about it does it prefer to be placed on a rock or halfway buried in the sand?

I am not sure wht type of coral your are reffering to. Can you post a pic? What are the specs of your tanks? Lighting, size, filtration, parameters. Lando

i have a 55 gal 60 lbs fiji LR. 2 65 watt blue actinic double bulbs and 2 65 watt of the regular fluorescent. The parameters are all on target. salinity at 1.025, around 80 degrees give or take 1 degree. And i believe the coral is a brain metallic it is a hard coral and green in coral around the "mouth". DOnt have much info on it friend was moving and downgrading take so couldnt take it and gave it to me

Sounds like it could be a brain coral. Is the color still good? I do think you have sufficiant light for it. they generally prefer to be on the substrate with mouth facing up. Again, a pic would be helpful.

yea im 99 percent sure its a brain coral and sorry my digital camera software is mia and i dont have a scanner so cant get a pic. but thanx for the info

No problem. Whatch to see if you can see its sweeper tenicles at night when teh lights are out. They extend at night to catch particles of food.

Back
Top Bottom