Green moray eel with pacific octopus...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Polarbear77

Aquarium Advice Newbie
Hello people

Okay I've been building custom tanks for a while and im really wanting a Green Moray eel with a pacific octopus. What I'm wondering is if they can be paired up... I've been in love with both of them and would like to have them both in the same tank. If you dont really know about them plz just watch and not comment. Thank you for your input. :thanks:

Not a good pairing. :nono: Moray eels will eat the octopus or at least, attack the arms making the 'pus ink the tank. :eek: Separate tanks or a divider where they can't see each other is your best bet. (y)

Thank you, do you think it'll still be bad if the moray is peaceful? I've seen first hand where a green moray is like a dog. My local shop has one that loves to be rubbed and petted.

This wouldn't be something that I would be attempting in the same system. With the pacific octopus being from a colder environment than the green moray.
It would be possible to house a large eel in the same system as an octopus. The tank would have to have some specifics to it to keep the octopus inside the tank as they are great escape artists.

I've built a tank for a octopus and didnt lid it but built a topper that i put something linning it that kept the octopus from getting out. Sorry I'm not gonna say what i used but it was outside the box. Water proff and mold resistanced.

I've built a tank for a octopus and didnt lid it but built a topper that i put something linning it that kept the octopus from getting out. Sorry I'm not gonna say what i used but it was outside the box. Water proff and mold resistanced.
(it was underwear)

Have you kept an octopus before? They are pretty much the hardest pets you can keep, and they only live for about three years. WHY would you want you make that short time harder?

Thank you, do you think it'll still be bad if the moray is peaceful? I've seen first hand where a green moray is like a dog. My local shop has one that loves to be rubbed and petted.
Green Morays are Atlantic fish and their natural diet includes Octopus. It doesn't really matter if they have a puppy dog behavior. It's like putting a cow in a pasture and telling it not to eat the grass. If you've ever had an Octo ink a tank, you will never want to provoke it to do it again. ( It's messy!!!!! :eek: ) ;)

Green Morays are Atlantic fish and their natural diet includes Octopus. It doesn't really matter if they have a puppy dog behavior. It's like putting a cow in a pasture and telling it not to eat the grass. If you've ever had an Octo ink a tank, you will never want to provoke it to do it again. ( It's messy!!!!! :eek: ) ;)

Cant say it any better.

Back
Top Bottom