green polyp

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

murrayk123

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
How long does it take for my green polyps to attach. Ive had to put then back on a rock twice.

You need to provide some more info. Do you mean green star polyps? What do you mean that you've put them back on the rock? is the coral not attached to a rock or is it a frag that you are placing on the rock you wish for the coral to grow?

Yes, green star polyps. they werent on a rock when i bought them, i was told to place it on a rock and it woukd attach. It been about a week and crabs keep making it fall off the rock. They are out and look good just cant keep them in one place.

Well, get some 100% cyanoacrylate glue. Put some glue on the bottom of the frag and press it into the rock you want it to grow onto. That'll hold it in place until it starts to grow.

Well, get some 100% cyanoacrylate glue. Put some glue on the bottom of the frag and press it into the rock you want it to grow onto. That'll hold it in place until it starts to grow.

+1. After doing that, you can place it in an appropriate size tupperware bowl with some mesh rubber-banded across the top, then place it in your tank.... just like you do with mushrooms. This will let it attach undisturbed.

Back
Top Bottom