Green Slime

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

StickyTuba

Aquarium Advice Activist
Howdy,

I have, what looks like Green slime on some of my LR. I am sorry, but I don't have a picture and I don't have water parameters. I am going to get them all tonight and I will post them online. I did about a 40% water change late last week and I added "new" ROWA Phos and ROWA Carbon.
Everthing is very healthy, looking. One of my Kenya tree corals just fragged for the first time. I got three frags out of it. :D

Any ideas of what the slime may be.
Again, I will post parameters and pictures as soon as I am able.
TIA for your help.

If it is what I think it is, It's just algae. If the cleanup crew you have listed in your sig is all you have, you could probably double it. Get about 5 blue legg hermits and you might solve the problem.

Is it slimy and easy to blow off the LR or sand? If so then it would be cyno, Cyno grows in red and green. Have you tested for phosphates?
I would not add any more snails in a 12 gal tank.... They will run out of food and starve. Adding critters is not always the answer, you need to try and find out what the cause of the unwanted algae is and work it from there..

Back
Top Bottom