Green spots on glass

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

FishN00b83

Aquarium Advice FINatic
So I've been battling a small GHA outbreak for a few weeks now and I think I have it some what under control. I've been scraping the glass, do a water change and making sure I get it out of the tank. I'm starting to see tiny tiny green dots ALL over the glass now. Is this how the hair algae starts, is it a green spot algae, or can it be coraline algae? My purple coraline has been slowly spreading the past few weeks, but it starts off on the rocks lookin like deep red blotches. What could these green spots be?

** I do have 2 pieces of live rock that look like they could have some green coraline algae? It's not exactly like the purple stuff, but it's been on the rock since I got it...here's a pic of the rock (the spot algae is too small to take pics)

Attachments

• image-3935943857.jpg
    image-3935943857.jpg
    140.9 KB · Views: 77
I would say they are green coraline algae if they are like brittle when you scrape them. I don't see any hair algae in your LR so it must be coraline.

The hair algae was only on the glass, I never had it on my LR. It was REALLY bad at one point, but over the past few weeks I got it down to a few hairs. I just didnt know what it looked like when it first starts out. These green dots are ALL OVER the tank though so I'm hoping its coraline and not a real bad start to another outbreak.

Back
Top Bottom