Green star polyp problem

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Adio800

Aquarium Advice Freak
I bought some gsp and only 1/4 have opened I put them in about 23 hours ago any idea why only some opened

Same answer as on the other thread. Acclimation. They just go manhandled. Just give it time. If there are some that are open, that's a good sign. If they were all closed for a couple days, then of be worried.

Yeah, I bought some star polyps a few weeks ago and it took them a few days, maybe a week to all open. Now they open about an hour before my timer turns the tank lights on.

It's all about routine I guess.

Leighton79 said:
Yeah, I bought some star polyps a few weeks ago and it took them a few days, maybe a week to all open. Now they open about an hour before my timer turns the tank lights on.

It's all about routine I guess.

I agree, this is how my star polyps turned out. Lol

I had a small frag of them in my tank. When I first got them they did not open up for 3 weeks. Now they r growing. Don't count them out. Just put them in a spot and they will be ok. Gsp r very hearty and very hard to kill.

More are open but some are brown instead of green y is this an there Is some brow. Algae on the pink mat do I need to get this off?

mine took almost a week to open up. Surprisingly they took home underneath a rock and seem to be doing fine in the shade.

Back
Top Bottom