green star polyp water flow

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

sansouci01

Aquarium Advice FINatic
Just picked this up yesterday. I've read that they like a lot of flow and I've read not too much. What do you think? Is this too much ?

Haha yeah I have some growing in very little flow, and some getting blasted with it

+1 to any flow, have a little in high and most in medium. It grows all the same, one very hardy coral.

thanks.
I have mine on some of my rock but I've seen it growing on the bottom of the tank. Will it grow on the sand or do I need a small piece of rock for it to grow on and is it better to be down on the bottom. I've heard it grows pretty fast

I just bought some three days ago and it's already attached to the rock. I'll probably have to start watching it.

I got some free on bit of rock from shop. I've got mine on sand bed so it can't grow much as will take over tank in time. It will grow on glass aswell, I've seen few pic of tanks with there back covered in it.

They will pretty much grow anywhere. Mine actually floated to a rock and took off on the back side of my tank.

although they're not picky as to where you place them or what the flow is. it's better off, at least for me, to place them around semi-medium to medium flow area. i just don't want to see them get blown to their sides all the time

Back
Top Bottom