Green Star Polyps

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

jwsfisher

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
My friend was recommending these to cover the back glass of my 29gal tank. He said that they would grow very fast and be easy to maintain. Is that true or is there a better alternative. Does anyone know a good website to get corals from with good quality and prices.

yes those would be the easiest, maybe take a look at the thread that has been on the first page for several days that reads "whats a good coral to cover my back wall"...

ive had my gsp for about a month and already today ive noticed some new polyps im trying to zoom in close enough to show them with my camera

Nice. Do you have to add any food or special salt for them to thrive better or are they very easy to grow.

Nice. Do you have to add any food or special salt for them to thrive better or are they very easy to grow.

nah i just do regular water changes every week that keeps my levels in check and i dont dose anything

Ok thanks. Would u be willing to sell some of it in frags?

if it grows enough sure its too bad you didnt ask sooner a piece broke off the colony in the shipment when i first got it and i fragged it off in my brothers tank its growing well too

As Flake said, they are incredibly easy to grow, to easy, in fact. Make sure you keep those things under control. Once they get established, they will more or less be the equivelent of aiptasia, (IMO) and will need frequent fragging/trimming.

Ok thanks for the info. Will fish stores buy fragged coral polyps and things like that. I would hate to throw it away if no one wants it.

sure some do i know mine does most will give you store credit

Ok that'll be a nice way to offset costs of things and new corals and stuff. Thanks again for the info. How much is average price on things like that.

I know mine will buy back interesting corals. For stuff like xenia, gsp and galexia, I believe they'll take it but wont be able to give much, if anything for it since everyone does the same thing.

My LFS sells them 55 for a 2x2 total rip off, so I just got LR that had ALOT on it that they missed, they try and resell the LR with corals on it as a coral colony, and they sell it for 100+ or less depending on what's on it and how much.

Back
Top Bottom