green star polyps help......

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Tmyboy

Aquarium Advice Freak
Hello all,

Im getting a little worried about my gsp's lately because they've been closed for the past couple days. I mean closed up tight!!

About 1 week ago, I swapped out my 250 mh bulbs. They were generic 15k bulbs and i swapped them out with phoenix 14k bulbs 7 days ago.

I initially placed screen over the top of the tank to help with the acclimation, however that caused cyno growth on the crushed coral substrate so I removed it after 2-3 days. 2 days after I removed the screen, the substrate was clean again. id rather not put the screen back because of that.

All the other coral seems to love the the new bulbs!! Things have thickened up and color looks good and even better on the meoter shower coral, but my poor gsp's have completely closed up tight and im worried.

All params are good. The only change is the bulbs.

Will the gsp's make it? is there anything I can do to help them?

Thanks for the help guys.

T

Usually gsp go through a period of time when they close up, for a while. Then they come back and grow FAST. It could be a coincidence or you may have triggered it with the new light. I wouldn't be too worried, that stuff is incincible.

needmorecowbell said:
Usually gsp go through a period of time when they close up, for a while. Then they come back and grow FAST. It could be a coincidence or you may have triggered it with the new light. I wouldn't be too worried, that stuff is incincible.

Okay. Thanks for the feedback. I'll keep my fingers crossed because my six-year-old loves them.

By the way..... how do I go about trimming these things? I want to be sure they stay where I want them to stay because I have them on their own separate rock and they're starting to creep around a bit.

Take a razor blade and cut out what you want. They are a matting type coral so you can just cut a flap and then tug with your fingers, but that's less accurate.

Back
Top Bottom