Green Star Polyps Help!!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

ChiTownRomeo

Aquarium Advice Freak
Ok I purchased a frag of GSP from Reefsgo.com a month ago. They opened up and everything and now they have this white film on one side of it. They are under 3 watt Led's & actinics. Are they dying?
17cl05.jpg

No they do that when there growing it will turn purple ..as long as your parms are good the pic is kinda blurry but from what I can tell yur fine

No they do that when there growing it will turn purple ..as long as your parms are good the pic is kinda blurry but from what I can tell yur fine

Oh ok lol. I was worried. It looks like a white thin fungus or cocoon was growing on it. Its thin though so didn't really know. so just leave it?

Gsp does not have a white growth edge its usually a light purple. What your looking at more then likely is a sponge which I would not worry about as gsp will pretty much over grow anything. The stuff is like wildfire and I'm currently trying to decide how I'm gonna go about removing mine lol.

Gsp does not have a white growth edge its usually a light purple. What your looking at more then likely is a sponge which I would not worry about as gsp will pretty much over grow anything. The stuff is like wildfire and I'm currently trying to decide how I'm gonna go about removing mine lol.

Ok I feel a little better now lol

I guess mine's the only one on the planet that's light purple almost white when its spreading then

I guess mine's the only one on the planet that's light purple almost white when its spreading then

If you woulda read my post you woulda seen that I said the new growth is light purple but its not as white as that sponge he's got.

every coral I got from r2g had sponges in them
so I would have to guess sponge
it will smother them over time if not removed
now my corals almost doubled and look great since I removed sponges

Back
Top Bottom