Green star polyps not opening

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

donniea1800

Aquarium Advice Regular
Hey,

I have 2 colonies of green star polyps in my tank. One is a large neon green and the other is a smaller more of a blue-green color. The smaller colony has been doing fine for the past 6 months and spreading. Within the week each day less and less polyps are coming out until today almost none of the polyps opened. The larger colony is fine and opening just the same. All other corals doing fine. I dont understand why this colony would suddenly go downhill but the other is fine. I tested my water and everything is the same as before. I cant find anything that would cause this? The only thing I can think of is I did change my bulbs recently. Would that cause it? No other corals seem to be bothered by the new bulbs. Should I move it lower in the tank?

Temp : 79-80
Salinity: 1.025
Nitrate: 0
Nitrite: 0
Ammonia: 0
PH: 7.9 - 8.0
Alkalinity: 8-9
Calcium: 420

GSP need good lighting. What are you using. And pictures of your gsp might help

If one GSP colony is open and fine I wouldn't worry too much. Sometimes they just close up for a couple of days for no reason and usually spread rapidly after that. That is what mine did. Just keep an eye on them!

Back
Top Bottom