Green tint

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

stan450z

Aquarium Advice Freak
I recently have had a emperor angel with pop eye that seemed to be doing better. I treated the tank with Amoxicillin as instructed by my LFS and now have a green tint. Did two partial water changes and added Prime. Also it has a strange pastic like smell. Any idea what is going on? I guess I'll continue partial water changes every couple days until it goes away? Also included a pic. ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1406637436.089880.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

The medication is what gives the tank the green tint. I did water change after water change to get it gone.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I547 using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Thank you. How often are ideal water changes, and how large would you suggest? 50% too much? How did your coral on the rock do after medication. My rock seems to have gotten a little bare.

Antibiotics kill bacteria and bacteria is an important part of biological filtration. Keep an eye on your parameters for a while and make sure you maintain pristine water conditions moving forward, as that (poor water quality) is almost always the cause of pop eye.

Could the smell be coming from the Prime?

I agree with keeping an eye on the water conditions. Do small water changes if necessary.

Thanks. Would the green dicipate naturally or is this solely going away with water changes?

Back
Top Bottom