Green water and uv sterlizer

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Jamroz37

Aquarium Advice Activist
Over the past two days my tank out of nowhere has gotten all green and cloudy I've been doing a little research so I bought a uv sterlizer off eBay has anyone had any luck with this?

Yes I have will you post pics so I can clarify and give you what i did :)

I attached a photo please let me know what you dd while I wait for mine to come in the mail... And I bought a 9watt submersible one will 9 watts be enough?

Attachments

• image-174389692.jpg
    image-174389692.jpg
    82.2 KB · Views: 138
How long would you say it would take? It's a 75 gallon tank.. I also have a protien skimmer coming idk if that would help it out any

Uhm I was looking up algae the other day and found something like this, it's called algae bloom.

This is kind of a pain to get rid of because every time you do a water change they will usually just grow back immediately. I read that the best thing to do Is cut off all light to the tank for a few days and do lots of water changes to stop the algae from growing.

I'm not a pro, so you should probably look it up some more.

I don't think a uv is nessicary but it will help out your fishy's later on :p

I had a 15 watt UV sterilizer on my 60 gal DT. It did help cleared those unwanted algae in less than a week. However, I have doubts if it can really eradicate those parasites.

I had a 15 watt UV sterilizer on my 60 gal DT. It did help cleared those unwanted algae in less than a week. However, I have doubts if it can really eradicate those parasites.

It should get rid of the bloom, and as far as parasites go, they will take care of ALOT of them but never 100%

That's exactly what I had and I cut off my lights and put black trash bags around my tank for a week and it worked bit I would do it longer cause mine came back again !

If you used both methods it would probably happen a lot faster.

I have used the turbo twist uv and it did the job. It was 9 watts also. Took about 4 to 5 days.

Just a question.. But will a liquid algae fix saluting work the same? I've used it a few times. Mostly in freshwater.. Had a full green tank put an algae cure in it and it was gone in 5 minutes.. And just used some in my saltwater and the slime algae was gone in 2 days... Much cheaper than a sterilizer.. But does it have any effects or downfalls? Which is the better deal? 10$ bottle or 250$ sterilizer?

I was looking on eBay. Just triggered me tho. Why are they 40 on eBay and 250 in stores or online elsewhere.

Well mine looked to be a differnt type or model its the kind the is submersible and I can suction cup on the inside of my tank or possibly my sump take a look at them

This is the one I biught

Attachments

• image-1793793505.jpg
    image-1793793505.jpg
    202.5 KB · Views: 64
How long has it been in use? Is it working like your want?

Back
Top Bottom