Green Wolf Eel

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

GouramiFanatic

Aquarium Advice FINatic
Does anyone currently (or even previously) own a Green Wolf Eel? I saw one of these for the first time at a local Petco a few weeks ago. Now everytime I go in there I look for it. I was immediately drawn to it and would like to learn more about them. How big do they get? What is their temperament like? What do they eat? What are good tankmates for them (at Petco it's currently with two Yellow Tangs)?

I'm still new to fish keeping so starting a salt water aquarium is not something I'm planning on any time soon. I just want to get a head start in learning about the different species that I like. :)

- Mandy

The wolf eel's get to be about a foot to a foot and a half, will definately eat small fish/inverts. Actually is a member of the dottyback family, they tend to be pretty aggresive, best tank mates would be fish bigger than its mouth heh.

My buddy had one and it eats any small. He said it was part of thr grouper family. Probably why it eats anything small. It was pretty coolthough. I've been told there is also a red wolf eel. Might want to check that out. It is much harder to get.

Back
Top Bottom