GSP movement

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Unclebob

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
How can I influence my GSP to move from frag onto live rock. It seems to just be growing vertically.

Attachments

• image-29131510.jpg
    image-29131510.jpg
    195.2 KB · Views: 108
That little frag will eventually overtake that rock and then another. lol

My gsp frag was the same as yours size wise and within a year it has taken over a 6x6 rock and has it completely covered. I did glue that frag onto the rock I wanted it on though so you might try that.

Thanks, I guess I'm wanting something overnight that obviously takes time.

Before my GSP died it was the fastest grower in my tank. It started off in a little groove in a rock and spread like 500% in just a few months.

My GSP frags died for no reason! They were doing fine and just slowly started to get worse then they never came out again! All the other corals were doing fine and water parameters were all great but one of the guys at one of my lfs' said I should've been dosing with iodine?

You should NOT dose with anything you do not test for. I do not dose elements in my tank and my corals do very well. If you use a decent salt mix and do water changes they provide all the trace elements that your corals need.

Mine died from multiple anemone stings (glad I got rid of that guy). The anemone was living on top of it for a while. It started to make a comeback but I guess in the end couldn't make it (of course I could be saying that and it could sprout up at anytime lol).

carey said:
You should NOT dose with anything you do not test for. I do not dose elements in my tank and my corals do very well. If you use a decent salt mix and do water changes they provide all the trace elements that your corals need.

I ended up dosing, I had him do an overall water test but not sure if he tested iodine? Is there even an iodine test kit? Yeah all my calcium levels and magnesium are fine and I don't dose them

Haha decided I was up for round 2 and bought 2 GSP frags for my 75, my first corals!

Back
Top Bottom