gsp not opening

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

paul87

Aquarium Advice Addict
I picked up about a 3"x4" piece of rock covered in green star polyps today and only 2 of them had opened up in the past few hours or so. I read they are very hardy but can be picky. I'm worried maybe I didn't acclimate them long enough. About how long should it take for them to open up? I use the same lights they do. And as far as care, light, flow, & placement what would be best for these?

These guys still haven't opened up. I moved them to a decent flow and in good light. All other corals are going great. I dunno what's up. My clown fish swims over it alot could that be why they won't open up?

No I don't thinkso clown won't bother it ...mine took a week to fully open so give it time

Ok. Its been a few days or so. Plus I moved it around the first day

OK. Everything is good except the nitrates are still up a Tad. I found out recently Ive been overfeeding the tank and have been battling nitrates for a while. I've cut back to every other day now and done a big water change. All other corals still doing great except a few polyps on my dragon eye zoas. Red slime on it! I cleaned it off best I could I'm sure it wad cause from the overfeeding.

Some of them where finally open this morning. I notices 3 of my hermits picking at it at the same time last night. I thought they might be eating them but I guess they were cleaning.

The crabs were just cleaning. Can you measure phosphate? GSP, like most corals don't like anything much more than .1 and are happy at under .05.

Yes. Ill do a water check today if I have time I'd not tomorrow. I checked it about a week or so ago and phosphate wad 1.8ppm.

Yea I know. I've been getting it lower and lower. It was alot higher a while back.

Back
Top Bottom