GSPs in Marine tanks?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

AMANIQU77

Aquarium Advice Freak
Sorry I am lame.

So GSP's and figure 8's can be housed in marine specimen? At white size to they accept marine? And since they're pretty small, are they advisable puffers to small tanks (55G and up)?

I don't know what a GSP is either, but Figure 8's are a brackish water fish and I don't know how you would acclimate them to full blown marine. If your wanting a puffer why not just go for a marine puffer from the start. I think you'd have a better success rate at keeping the fish alive then trying to acclimate a brackish water fish to marine.

As for the GSP, can you elaborate what they are??? Green Spot Puffer maybe?? I dunno!

I imagine he means Green Spotted Puffer. They do live in FW when they are young then migrate in more salt concentrated areas. I have seen them in full blown SW set ups before with no problems.

Steve

Yes you are right, friends, Green Spotted Puffers. The only reason why I asked was because I noticed marine tanks in the gallery with GSP's. Unfortunately, my tank cannot house puffers because it is too small. And a white spotted dwarf puffer died on me during a hyposalinity treatment in the main tank.

Cool article and thank you, tec! I appreciate all of your input.

I have seen both Green Spotted and Figure 8 Puffers in marine systems, no problem at all. They looked great!

Back
Top Bottom