HA and Cyano? REALLY?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Ah yeah ok cool I'll keep that in mind b/c every time I do a PWC some "dust" always settles on my LR and it just makes it look crappy and the whole tank gets a brownish hue to it till I sweep it off

Ah yeah ok cool I'll keep that in mind b/c every time I do a PWC some "dust" always settles on my LR and it just makes it look crappy and the whole tank gets a brownish hue to it till I sweep it off

That is a buildup of detritus, which we all get. You should be basting that off into the water column for your filtration to take out, as part of your routine maintenance.

Depending on how you do your water change, you may be able to get rid of most it. If you are siphoning into a bucket, move the hose around the rocks to siphon as much as possible.
I use a Python to remove the water and a turkey baster or power head to "blow out" the detritus from the rocks. Some of it re-settles into the rock and some is removed with the PWC.

Hmm ok thanks for the tips... now I gotta go get a turkey baster lol.

And no I never thought of syphoning actually I just take it out and pour in all with a tea pitcher lol, which that does create a lot of current and brings up a lot... and I do it the same way with evap replacement.

Back
Top Bottom