Had my 1st casualty today

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

KcTx

Aquarium Advice Activist
I had been noticing the past few days my cleaner shrimp hasn't really been out and about like normal? I had a good look at him lastnight under night light and he seemed fine, I saw him cleaning on my bass this morning when I went to work so i thought all was well. Those guys seemed to be all good in the hood from the get go but this is what I came home to see. LoL I felt worse for my daughter because she was the 1st one to notice the whiskers sticking out of the HB's mouth. All she said was daddy pokadotty ate your shrimp. Then goes on to scold the bass though the glass. LoL kids

Attachments

• image-1549613516.jpg
    image-1549613516.jpg
    61.4 KB · Views: 133
Sorry to hear about your loss. I just put my 1st cleaner in this past weekend.

Harlequin Bass will eat crustaceans and even smaller fish as they mature according to Liveaquaria.

I had my doubts About The bass the 1st day I put him in the tank, but after a few days he marked his turf and didn't mess with anything or anyone. I Had read that the cleaner shrimp & Basslet had a unique relationship of palling around and allowing him to clean inside his mouth and so on. In my opinion the shrimp was on his way out and the HB kinda stepped in like DR Kevorkian. Sad part no is that I doubt I'll be able to add anymore shrimp till Bass is gone.

my wife was like I cant be leave he did that! I had to remind her that I feed everything frozen shrimp so it stands to reason he wouldn't have any issue's making a meal so long As he could get it in his mouth! lol

I defiantly like the bass because he is as active but I'd remove him if I could catch him. lol he is unbelievably fast, it blows my mind how he can be looking at me in the glass and then BOOM gone. lol

KcTx said:
I defiantly like the bass because he is as active but I'd remove him if I could catch him. lol he is unbelievably fast, it blows my mind how he can be looking at me in the glass and then BOOM gone. lol

Check out aquarium bottle trap on YouTube.

Back
Top Bottom