Had my first jumper

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Darylb

Aquarium Advice Addict
As the title states I had my first jumper tonight lost one of my yellow tailed damsel fish :( stripped the whole tank looking for him and couldn't find him had a look all over the floor around the tank and couldn't find him :( later on I found him in some of my tubing that I use to vac the tank with and to use to drip acclimate the fish he was dried up in there it's pretty upsetting but hey what can I do now :/ ill be going to buy some egg crate on the weekend and hope my other yellow tail doesn't jump on the bright side I done a full re scape of my tank and I am finally satisfied with it :) the tank to me looks a little murky but that's because the sand got disturbed

Attachments

• image-1672070223.jpg
    image-1672070223.jpg
    133.6 KB · Views: 153
I know, I don't have a good camera, just my phone. So my pics are not as nice as others. I don't post many pics for that reason.

I do have a camera, somewhere...but then i would have to get out my laptop, upload the pictures, post them.....I would rather just sit and watch my tank. :)

Yea haha can be to much effort sometimes :) my damsel that's left doesn't wanna eat properly now he usually waited till the other one ate them he would

Egg crate is a bit unpleasant to look at. Strongly suggest running to a hardware store and picking up a cheap piece of acrylic or plexi-glass. Cut to fit!

The tank needs to breath so I wouldn't recommend a plexi or glass top. Check out BRS, they sell a kit that uses a clear mesh. Works great.

I would get the DIY screen cover kits from BRS. Eggcrate will reflect a lot of light back onto your lights

I have used eggcrate and the light it blocks isn't noticeable. I do recommend the clear mesh though. I also came across a thread on a local forum that says there is a "chicken wire" that is a transparent mesh just like the stuff from BRS. This stuff was found at a hardware store so perhaps you could go that route. Just get a a frame kit to put it in and your set.

I have used eggcrate and the light it blocks isn't noticeable. I do recommend the clear mesh though. I also came across a thread on a local forum that says there is a "chicken wire" that is a transparent mesh just like the stuff from BRS. This stuff was found at a hardware store so perhaps you could go that route. Just get a a frame kit to put it in and your set.

I have looked everywhere got that clear plastic mesh. BRS was the only place I could find it and they have a nifty way to stretch and frame it. Use to use white egg crate but my PAR meter indicated it was hammering my light in certain areas of the tank.

I dunno what I'm going to do yet I have just ordered a par 5 set up for my nano so hopefully it will all go smooth I don't have a par meter or anything so I want be able to tell how my light is I'm looking to invest in a power head too my filer return is pretty useless

Back
Top Bottom