Haha stupid crab !

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Leedowlrods

Aquarium Advice Freak
Just thought I'd share this hermit/turbo snail combo, they are 9 inches off the sand bed and the snail looks well cheesed off heheImageUploadedByTapatalk1391539242.891094.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It's ok, he just fell off, I'm gonna leave a mussel in for the crabs to munch after seeing that

In my experience, crabs like that won't rest until they've killed every snail in the tank. I once witnessed a crab kill 3 snails in one day and change his shell 3 times.

Oh dear . I guess I've been lucky to date, that hasn't happened to me yet in 18 months. Two hermits, three bumblebees, and three ceriths.
I guess my four hermits are content at the mo

Haha I had this happen and... yes he ate the snail, then took his shell!! ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1392125731.030219.jpg
Sorry for the blue pic it's midnight here in AUS.

I've had many types of snails and many types of hermits. One thing always ends up happening, I run out of snails and finally I run out of hermits. My tank is littered with shells. Next time I put it together again, it's only going to be snails for this very reason.

My snail is still going strong at the mo, I've got plenty if spare shells knocking around the sand...
Fingers crossed

I found and removed all crabs from my tank once I saw a crab ripping a snail from its shell, then turn and "walk" away. They just don't play nice.

Back
Top Bottom