hair algae

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

thincat

Aquarium Advice Addict
Does anyone know if hair algae can be brought in by a tang. I lost my Kole Tang ~ a week ago and have started to see some hair algae for the firt time in this tanks setup. The tank has been up ~2 years now and this is the first time it has hair algae. My nitrates went up to ~5ppm and has since gone back down to 0. I will yank the rock that the hair algae is on but I am just curious.

I dont think so Derrick. Not by a tang. You might not be reading much on nitrates because the algea is using it up.

It's a small patch and I'm carefully pulling it out and I'm also really watching my PO3 and nitrate levels as well as feedings.....

I started seeing some in my tank too. I threw a filter sock on and scrubbed the be-jesus out of the rock (in the tank). Few months ago my macro started dying back due to, I assume, a lack of nutrients... Maybe be got a alien strain from a passing comet

Either way it's really getting on my last nerve. I tried the "raise your Mh to 1600 and above' rhetoric .. Not a dent..

I scrubed what I could. We will have to wait and see. I hate to scrub it in the tank for fear of it taking hold else where. So Much fun!!!!!

Back
Top Bottom