Hair algae

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Scotty09

Aquarium Advice Freak
Help plz how I stop it what tool removes it best any advice welcome plz help

how big is your tank and what are your latest test results? also whats its stocked with and whats your CUC, there can be many causes

70 gallon got few snails and bout 8 hermit crabs and 2 big star fish and a few small star fish

All test results are good got 2 tangs ,1 clown ,1 blue wrasse,1 blue cheeky goby

well the tangs as im sure you know should have a 6ft tank, they can be in a smaller tank for a little, but not too long.

it sounds like you need some more snails though

Ok I fort so any tips on tools to get it out and I know everyone tells me bout the tangs but they small if I don't upgrade my tank I will sell them

How many snails and hermits should be in a 70 gallon tank

Depends on the amount of rock.

And as you can hopefully see from your reading assignment, it's more important to find the source and fix that than to just get it out of the tank for now.

Also, to say "all tests are good" won't help us help you. Need to now what they read. Phosphates too while you're at it.

With all due respect. Something has to be feeding the hair algea. Your probably getting zero on phosphate because its all in the algea.

Back
Top Bottom