Hair Algae breakout

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

bootz

Aquarium Advice Freak
this is one of those moment you ask yourself why me? i have been battleing this for a few weeks now i stepped up pwc to every other day (i do a 10% water change.) I ordered a CUC and cut back dramatically on feedings. So far no results. i guess i have to attribute this to using tap cause i do not have an ro/di unit nor do i have money to get one tis the season to be broke and also in college. if i were to perhaps to do water changes for a few weeks using only distilled water could this help?

I started with tap before I knew the benefits of a ro/di unit. It does make a world of difference. Maybe a christmas wish lol. Emerald crabs do wonders on hair algae. I would say that distilled water or even buying ro water from a LFS or supermarket would be a great idea. The change won't be immediate but you will notice it.

walmart sells ro water at there filling station for .25/gallon

well i originally started out with distilled water. but i tested my own tap and it had no metals no phosphates so i assumed i was good.

+ i dont want emerald crabs around my softies cause you can never be too sure with them

Back
Top Bottom