Hair Algae (Green)

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

gooyferret

Aquarium Advice FINatic
I have posted this on here before and its been a while since i have came on here. Im having a problem with hair algae, i just cant seem to get rid of it and i have to take drastic measures. In the earlier post that i had i asked how to get rid of it and i was told to just pick it off the rock. Which i did but didnt help only seemed to make the problem worse. I have now put PHOSBAN in the tank to absorb excess phosphates and elements, and also a PolyPad. Anyone have any ideas, nothing seems to work, the algae is now taking over the tank and harming the corals. Any Help is appreciated. Thanks.

you have to just keep at it. time, patience and persistance. Feed less, clean more, less lighting but most of all, pluck, pluck, pluck some more.

I havent feed anything for a while most of my corals are photosyntesis so not much of a need for it. How many hours do you recommend to run the lights, i have VHO's. I have plucked alot out of the aquirum, it just seems the next day its back again. what can i do? The filter pad i put in yesterday is covered with the algae already and i have had the lights off all day.

What kind of water do you use? RO? Tap? etc...

FYI, Nitrogen is the limiting nutrient is saltwater, not Phosphorous. Typically, if nitrate is kept relatively low, algae shouldn't be a problem.

Back
Top Bottom