Hair Algae, need a killer for it!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

d9hp

Aquarium Advice Addict
Pretty much the title says it, what eats hair algae. I thought I heard that a nudi eats it. Is that true?

a lettuce nudi will eat bryopsis hair algae, if you crop it close enough, left handed dwarf hermits will keep it in check also

I am not sure what caused it, its not im my minibow, its in the 5.5 which I just moved down to my move. Once I make sure my tank is in check, I will order me one. Thanks for the info guys.

d9hp said:
Once I make sure my tank is in check, I will order me one. Thanks for the info guys.
If you do decide to get one make sure the parameters are in good order. These nudibrancs are very sensitive to water quality as well as NO3, they need to be very low. Also make sure you have a good supply of nori on hand. Lettuce nudibrancs are strict algae eaters and once the abundance of nuisance algaes are gone you will need to suppliment it nutrition regularly.

Simply wrapping a piece of nori around a rubble rock once a week or so should suffice.

Good luck!
Cheers
Steve

Back
Top Bottom