My tank has slowly been developing a bad algae problem. Its a 20 long with a 65 watts 50/50 Power Compact. Flows about 400gph.
My dead bask rock and aragonite substrate is starting to be covered with hair like brown green algae. One of the rocks has 8" long strands of red tentacle looking algae.
The water is crystal clear. Parameters are close to perfect. I left the tank for a week and my room mate said he left the light on for 8-10 hrs a day. He said each day the algae just got worse and worse.
Phosphate ~0 ppm
Nitrate ~0 ppm
I dont even know where to start to get rid of this ugly mess off my rocks and substrate.