Hair algae removal...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Oceanicsublimat

Aquarium Advice Freak
Other than manual removal what is the best critter to get for helping eliminate this stuff? I've already removed all phosphates and nitrates are miniscule.

They might be miniscule because they are being used up as fast as they are being put in the tank. There`s nothing 100% that will take care of hair algea. I prefer trying to find the fuel source. Adding livestock is just a bandaid solution IMO. Good luck with whatever you decide.

ok.. thanks for the quick response.. actually the source was tap water..For years I used it.. I just recently got an RO/DI unit.. and the HA has appeared to have stopped spreading.. although it has not completely gone away.. I just need something to help me get rid of the straggling amount that is left.:)

I should also mention that it has not appeared to grow as fast, ie kinda like carpet as opposed to mermaid hair..:) it's very short.. and my cyano is slowly backing off as well. I just need to know what is the most effective critter pack to put together..

Just remember that it didnt start overnite and it ain`t going to go away overnite. If you are seeing progress then that`s a good thing.

BTW here ia a good link on Tap water.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom