Ok, so I think I have pin pointed the problem... I talked to the guy who I bought the fixture from he said the bulbs were good still with only 2 months of wear....so it all comes down to the treatment I did on the red slime. The stuff made a quick spike of nutrients that I did not catch... But the hair algae did ,and a bloom began. And from what I understand the nitrates are consumed within the algae which creates the illusion that my trates are 0. So for my game plan to combat this stuff I'm going to continue my low nutrient aquarium practices, continue with water changes after I pull as much out as I can by hand, and I guess I'll probably get a bunch of turbo snails to help keep it at bay
Anything wrong with my reasoning or game plane please let me know, thanks!