Halfblack Angelfish

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Rj_22

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
I just bought a halfblack angel for my 55 gallon live rock tank.I was wondering if anybody had any experience with this fish,and I was also wondering what should I feed it?I have some marine angel fish pellets,andsome spirulina algae flakes.Should I buy anything else?What else it might need?It is the only fish in the tank except a emerald crab and some turbo snails.

Is the angel you are talking about also know as the bicolor or oriole angel? Angels as a hole need a mix of meaty foods and greens. If you have the lighting in your tank or if you have a lighted sump you might want to try some claurpea.

Should I buy anything else?

Try the pygmy angel formula by Ocean Nutrition (frozen food). All angels need marine sponge in their diet, as well as other meaty foods and some greens. Offer the angel as wide a variety as possible. You might also consider making your own food with fresh seafoods, nori, and viatamins.

Mike the Half black is C. vrolki, the bicolor is C. bicolor. Do a google imagaes search with the Key wors "Centropyge vroliki" and check it out, IMO, it is not the safest fish to put in a reef...but it is beautiful.

Back
Top Bottom