Halide pictures

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

canyon15

Aquarium Advice Freak
I am hoping that someone can help me in my search. back in the beginning of the year I had found a web site that showed with pics, the contrast between different temperature halide lights. I am hoping anyone can remember where this was. I am looking into a bigger tank (isn't everyone :) ) and want to go with a MH system just not sure which bulb. TIA.

Both of those are great! Thanks to you both! Has anyone used 12-14k bulbs as they seem to be a nice choice in between 10 and 20?

at the moment i'm using 2x 150w, one 20k and one i'm not too sure (maybe 14k), anyway, its more blue than I would like, although I can't be bothered to change it, 14k I think would be nicest.

i am using 2x 14k coralvue right now. 250watt SE. the 14k is really cool but it leans towards a little more purple than blue. 20k seem more blue and a little crisper. there is some debate that a 10k is actually the best for SPS coral growth. i just ordered new bulbs. coralvue reeflux 10k. they are supposed to be a much whiter 10k with out the yellow tint. i also have 2 x 54watt T5 actinics. i think i would go with 20k next time if the 10ks dont work out. my friend has those and they burned in to be fairly white and crisp.

steve r

Right now I'm using 2 175w single ended XM 15K's. Before these I used Hamilton 14K's.
The Hamilton's were slightly more blue than the XM's, but I like them both. Not too blue like 20K's, but it's all user preference.

Here is my comparison before halide and after.

2070368_207_full.jpg

2070368_209_full.jpg

BTW, i got my new coralvue 250w SE reeflux in 10K about a week ago. they are awesome! one of, if not the whitest 10K's i have seen. no yellow tint. and my SPS like them more than the 14k. the reef looks more natural.

steve r

Back
Top Bottom