Hammer

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

aznbob

Aquarium Advice Regular
Half of hammer on one of the head has died off. It turned brown so I siphoned it off from the head. Well I was wondering if it's possible for the polyps to grow again and cover the head.

I dont think so. I had an angel take half of one I had and it never came back where it was removed. but maybe others have had a favorable result. I no longer have that one but check my gallery to see my two hammers I`ve had for a while.

Sounds like it could be brown jelly infection. If this is a branching hammer, I would break off the head. The good news is that it should not effect the rest of the coral. Do a water change and run some fresh GAC to be on the safe side.

I was thinking that it wasn't possible for it to regrow, but I was hoping the answer was yes. Budding seems like a rare thing. Mine is the branching type so I'm hoping that it would branch and I would just get rid of the dead skeleton later.

Hello,
I have had head die and other sprout out around it which covered the dead head. Dont give up. Also, mine always seems to do better when I does more frequently with the Bionic.
Cheers

The dying coral/head will look brown sometimes, at least mine did. I would not break it off because I have had new heads grow from the side of the dead one.

Back
Top Bottom