Hammer Coral

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Zer0

is back to save the day!
Ok guys.. right in the middle of one of the heads.. there is this little thing that is constantly moving around.. popping and popping out of the middle of head.. it looks like a hand or something.. or like a feather duster.. but it moves around a lot. I have no clue what it is and i don't know if its bad or not.. Anyone? Also, it looks like it is in on of the sockets where a hammer tentacle used to be.. Like the main tentacles, not the sweeper tentacles. Its so weird.. and it looks like its watching or something..

OhZer0,
I dont mean to be pesomistic but this really doesnt sound good. Are the tentacles still coming out as normal?
Is it still feeding?
How long you had it? and what sort of flow is it in?
I would of thought anything in there would either have been eaten or stung and rejected.
I have a hammer and on seen anything like your describing....
Will ask about though...

Last edited by a moderator:
I never really notice any tentacles to come out of the hammer in the first place. Never seen them. But my hammer still puffs out and is looking great. It's just this one spot on it that has this weirdo thing. And when i say weird, i really mean weird. It moves around sporadically and it goes in and out really fast. Looks like a feather duster.. but i doubt it is.

Nah it doesn't look like that. I found out that it is normal in hammers to have something like that. I talked with JOM20 and she said that she had something very similar in her hammer coral as well. So i'm not really worried. My hammers are doing just fine too, so its no big deal.

I have one with a small turkey wing clam in the middle. It will come out to catch some food particles floating around.

Back
Top Bottom