hammer head and salinity question.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

jose227

Aquarium Advice Regular
I did a 25 percent water change and the water I put in was 1.023 just like my tank. Niw it reads 1.022.. also is this a good spot for my hammer head. I placed it in today. Thanks

Attachments

• ForumRunner_20130907_163904.jpg
    ForumRunner_20130907_163904.jpg
    64.7 KB · Views: 144
I'm sure they like to be on the sand bed with they stone base buried, and your salinity should be 1.025-1.026 for a reef tank

Ive seen them both low and high. Mine is on top of the rock. I agree with that range of salinity. Btw its hammer coral not hammer head.

Its a hammer head coral. So you think I should move it from were it is. I really dont like that spot I visualized it difrent. What the best way to raise my salinity

Keep topping it off with a mix at 1.025 or 1.026 and just by your water evaporating it will balance out, but I'm still sure it should be on the sand bed, a hammer head will sweep food drifting on the sand. At least mine do

I moved it to the sand bed just now. I read all night and the best place for a branching hammer head is on the bottom. According to what I read. I use a hydrometer to measure ny salinity but I think im going to order a refractometer. I hear they are better.

Wow I moved it down like 20 minutes ago and allready it opening up.

Back
Top Bottom