hang on filter for 10 gallon

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

lbannie

Aquarium Advice FINatic
I'm using a small hang on aqueon filter on my 10 gallon tank. I'm wondering if I should be using a filter that is rated for a larger tank? I want to stay with a hang on filter.....

So far just a neon goby and cleaner shrimp. I want to get another goby or 2 and have it loaded with coral. I only have about 5 pounds of LR. Since the tank is so small I thought a bigger filter would keep the parameters in check....

lbannie said:
So far just a neon goby and cleaner shrimp. I want to get another goby or 2 and have it loaded with coral. I only have about 5 pounds of LR. Since the tank is so small I thought a bigger filter would keep the parameters in check....

Is your tank cycled? Just stay on top of your weekly water change

Myself I would get at least an aquaclear 70 if not a 110 and turn it into a fuge, It is very easy and works amazingly well. You are right about a bigger filter working better I had a ac 70 on my 7 gallon and the only reason I took it down because my corals out grew the tank.

joy13 said:
Myself I would get at least an aquaclear 70 if not a 110 and turn it into a fuge, It is very easy and works amazingly well. You are right about a bigger filter working better I had a ac 70 on my 7 gallon and the only reason I took it down because my corals out grew the tank.

You can also do that if you have the money to spare. You can also turn a ac50 into a fuge if you don't want to spend too much money.

Check craigslist in your local area you can probably find 1 used in good condition

I have bought most all of my stuff used for my tanks. With a little searching you can get some great deals. On amazon now they have a sale on 70 and 110 a few weeks ago they were even cheaper that that on there.

Back
Top Bottom