Hang on refugium

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

malkore

Aquarium Advice Addict
so, I really like the looks of a green madarian goby...but I see they very much need a diet of live pods to survive. Feel free to chime in on this fish and if I even have a chance of keeping one once my 40gallon is fully established. currently 50lbs of LR.

The main question though is are those CPR hang on tank fuge's any good?
I'm specifically looking at: http://www.marinedepot.com/aquarium_miscellaneous_cpr_aquafuge_refugiums.asp?ast=&key=

I have no room for a 'true' sump or fuge, so this is my only option really.
I hoped the smallest size of 13x4.5x12 (about 3gallons) would be enough for my setup.

The small fuge of 3 gal would not do much for tank stability, but if stocked with good lr and ls it should be enough to have a manderin. You may want to look into more lr just to be safe, and let the tank and fuge run for a year to build up enough pods. Looking at the website, it looks like an acrylic box with baffels, you could build one to the biggest size that you could fit behind the tank and save some cash

I have a Hang On Back fuge that currently is about half full of Chaetomorpa Macro.
Later this week I should be getting a full pod breeding kit from IPSF, which contains pods, food and some kind of mat for them to hang out and "breed" on.

I already have pods all over the place, but I want to make sure that when I get my planned Mandarin Goby, there will be a ready supply of new pods.

I hope this all works?!

Back
Top Bottom