hanna checkers

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

sansouci01

Aquarium Advice FINatic
Just would like to know everyone's thoughts on these. I know they don't test everything ( but heard they are working on more ). I just hate trying to read color charts. Are they worth the money ?

No doubt in my mind, worth every penny. :)

I have been using the phosphate and alkalinity tests for a couple years now and they are perfect! Easy to use and very very accurate.

I had the calcium one but found it to be too complicated and not accurate at all. I ended up returning it to BRS. I believe you have to use distilled water and not ro/di water, at least thats what Hanna instruments rep told me when I emailed them about the inaccuracy I had.

I use alkalinity phosphorus and calcium, I love them no hassle and very accurate.

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Aquarium Advice mobile app

I recently bought them and should be coming in the mail today. I've read that about the calcium checker, and from what it sounds like, you need precisely 10mL of distilled water to a couple drops of tank water. So if you are not precise on the 10mL then you can have large swings in your readings. So I ordered a 25 mL pipette and pipette pump. So I will see if I can get some consistency with it.

I use the phosphate and love it. I will be adding the Ca and Alk to the list as well during my group buy next week :)

How does this group buy work is it only for a certain amount of people or can anyone get in on it. And where is the buy from. I would be interested in a few Hanna checkers if the price is good

Anyone can get in on them. Its from bulk reef supply. Click the link in my sig.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Aquarium Advice mobile app

I use the phosphate and love it. I will be adding the Ca and Alk to the list as well during my group buy next week :)

As mentioned earlier the Ca test kit is pretty accurate but you have to be precise in your use of it. It only uses a tiny bit of tank water, the rest is diluted with RO/DI water. It comes with properly graduated syringes.

Back
Top Bottom