Hanna Phosphorus Ultra Low Range Tester

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

scoops111

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
Hi all, just bought a Hanna Phosphorus Ultra Low Range Tester, does anyone know the ideal reading for a PHOSPHORUS test? Is it the same as a reading for phosphate, as low as possible. Thanks Glenn

The lower the better but I think you don't actually want it to be 0... are you checking PO4 as well? Why check P?

Hi, I watched a YouTube video, and the guy on there said for a reef tank it was better to test for phosphorus than for phosphate? Apparently it gives a more indepth reading for your tank!! Thanks

Sorry I didn't answer your question, I'm not testing for po4

Interesting. I haven't read a lot about it - I'll have to search it out. I wonder if the P test only reads phosphorus ions, or does it account for phosphates as well, in aggregate with P ions. I can understand the desire to understand total P, just not sure how much of a benefit there is is in testing for it.

He said something about phosphates could be reading close to zero, but, that you wouldn't really know the true reading, as the phosphorus molecules attach themselves to oxygen in the water and become phosphates!

You tube hanna phosphate checker, verses hanna phosphorus

I use the Hanna PO4 checker... I will check out the youtube videos, thanks!

If you come up with any more info on the subject, please let me know. Thanks

Hi, the checker itself is a fantastic piece of kit! The problem I have at the moment is the unit will only read upto 200ppb and my phosphours is past 200 ppb so not had a true reading yet, but I'm working on it!!! Hope this helps a little

Thanks, I think I'll worry about testing for phosphate rather than phosphours for now. They are not cheap with AU $58 being cheapest I can find on eBay.

Back
Top Bottom