Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > Saltwater and Reef > Saltwater Reef Aquaria
Click Here to Login

Join Aquarium Advice Today

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com

Old 02-01-2012, 02:52 PM   #1
Fish R friends, not food!

Hardy anemonae for a young tank?

Is there an easy/hardy anemonae that could live in a month old tank? Most say to wait, but I am wondering if that is because the tank has to be "mature"? I would think if the water changes are kept up and light is good, why not? I would like to get one to see if my young clowns will host. I thought maybe the odds would be better while they are young. They have been hanging around my torch and that worries me. Advice would be appreciated. You have gotten me this far, I trust your judgement. Thanks for all the help thus far.

spoonman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2012, 03:24 PM   #2
Aquarium Advice Addict

POTM Champion

This is not from experience just from reading so take it for what it's worth. From what I have read the green bubble tip is the least demanding nem.

^ Quoted from Porc Chop^
Hondatek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2012, 03:46 PM   #3
Aquarium Advice FINatic

Why does it worry you that they've been hanging around the torch?
Old 02-01-2012, 04:19 PM   #4

Won't they stick to them and sting? I have seen it stick to rocks and zoas.
Old 02-01-2012, 04:22 PM   #5
Aquarium Advice FINatic

It's shouldn't. It's the same reason clowns can host an anemone. Anyother other fish and they'd get stung by the anemone. The torch can be a good place for your clowns to host. So long as the torch can get used to the clowns. It may get irratated at first.
Old 02-01-2012, 04:23 PM   #6
Aquarium Advice FINatic

Hi i cannot see any reason why you couldn't keep an anemone? But things may have changed since i haven't kept marines for 5 years now
Old 02-01-2012, 04:33 PM   #7

Where are you carey and Mr X? Expected you to chime in on this one!
Old 02-01-2012, 04:37 PM   #8
Aquarium Advice FINatic

You know Carey and mr x aren't the only people who know a thing or two about SW. If you only expect to follow their advice you should just PM them or state that in your question.
Old 02-01-2012, 04:49 PM   #9

Sorry, wasn't discounting your opinion. Do you have an opinion concerning whether I could keep one? My 29 gallon tank has been up for 1 month with t5ho lighting and my levels are consistantly 0,0,5-10. I do weekly water changes of about 5 gallons. Sorry if I came off wrong, they just usually jump on these posts and I hadnt seen a response from either one. I will take any and all advise and opinions!
Old 02-01-2012, 04:52 PM   #10
Aquarium Advice Addict

POTM Champion

Hi guys. If it were my tank I wouldnt do it yet. I made the mistake of putting a nem in my 29g as one of the first things I got for it. Huge mistake. :-( I had a condy nem and it grew so big over 2 months that it took over 1/3 of the tank. My clowns of course didn't host it and everything in the tank stayed far away from it. I finally took it back to the lfs and just left it there. A young tank is no place for a nem in my opinion and experience.

Tags
hardy, tan

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com