Hardy S/W Livestock.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Steven A

Aquarium Advice Addict
As I plan on eventually setting up a 13 gal s/w tank. I want livestock that wil be ok in a tank that size and is very Hardy.
So wpould I be better off with an invert only tank !

In a 13 gal tank you are probably going to be limited to 2 fish. There are plenty of hardy fish that you could have. My suggestion would be either a pair of percula clowns or a single clown and a royal gramma. All of the fish mentioned are hardy and would be fine in a tank that size.

tripper

you keep discus fish, why are you worried about anything being hardy?

Clownfish are a perfect starter fish. They seem to live through anything. Or if you want to have some really hardy fish start with some damsels.

Inverts would be harder to care for because they usually have more specialized needs. Other than hermit crabs you usually have to check your calcium levels and all that good stuff.

Like tripper said 2 fish would be good but i usually go for one extra lol.
I have a 10 gallon sw tank with one scooter dragonet,1 false percula clownfish,2 hermit crabs,and one banded reef shrimp.Im planning on some more things as soon as I get a bigger tank.But i would just start off with 2 if this is your first tank.

I could do a 29gal (uk) / 33 gal (us) if my puffers could be housed in a 10 gal which i think they could. Its just the cost of live rock lol. 8O . If I can take it out of the sea (when i check laws) then I will most definatly do a 33 gal s/w tank depending on cost of salt. To be honast I wanted to do a 10 gal as it is low cost and this way I can see if I actually like s/w wich i know i will lol :p.
In my 10 gal I like the idea of 2 clowns and some inverts like a crab.

Back
Top Bottom