Harlequin shrimp

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Didn't come in today, different supplier next Friday it should be here. I understand that bristles aren't 'true' starfish and possibly not part of their diet. Doug, have you witnessed a harlequin with a brittle star, or possibly owned a harlequin?

I've only known them to eat starfish that have tube feet so I doubt there will be a problem with your brittle star.

Hope this helps

Bongo shrimp, the harlequins much smaller relative eats small brittle and serpent stars. But no harlequins only eat true starfish.

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

Sounds good. Couldn't get the shrimp. I have one ordered, should be here Friday... on Halloween! Still not 100% on if I'm keeping the brittle or not, probably will. All i know is that thing is creepy to handle!

So she finally came in yesterday and she is pretty! Asterinas beware of the Halloween harlequin! LOL Here's some pics I took with my cell while acclimating.

YotFn99.jpg

bAQ0l26.jpg

Nice they are awesome looking shrimp found a breeding pair for sale for $1250 might pass on ever owning one

Nice they are awesome looking shrimp found a breeding pair for sale for $1250 might pass on ever owning one

WOW thats a steep price! Got mine for $35. Could have got a 'pair' for $70. Not a breeding pair I don't think.

She is finally comfortable to come out now. Been gobbling those asterinas up!

NH9mgEM.jpg

PtNCSMg.jpg

Man harlequins are so beautiful, if only they ate like cleaners. I've iften thought about setting up a pico just for a pair of them, good luck, here's hoping the asterinas start breeding like rabbits do you can keep it forever :p

Here's a short vid I put up of my harlequin taking an asterina from me. I plan to get choc chip stars for food once the asterinas are gone. I do believe I'm gonna keep her. She's too awesome. I still have plenty of asterina stars in my tank for now though.

http://youtu.be/o_ZVn6q3ZGA

Back
Top Bottom