harlequin shrimp? Reef safe?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

carey

Aquarium Advice Addict
I really fell in love with this shrimp and would love to have one! The petstore said that they eat baby starfish, but my concern is what happens when they run out of food? Do they starve or can I feed them other fish food. They are listed as peaceful and a carnivore so I just don't know.

I do know I would love to have one, the one I saw was pink and purple-ish with little heart shapes on it.

Anyone have these before or know anything about them?

As always, Thanks!!

Yes they are handsome fellas, BUT BEWARE: all they eat is starfish!!! When they run out of the small ones that crawl around, they need to be fed with other starfish. So basically you need to buy starfish to feed your shrimp :-(
My LFS fed theirs once... Gruesome picture...

Argh thats what i was afraid of. The pet store feeds him chocolate starfish legs.

Thanks for the heads up. Wish I coulda had one but oh well....

carey said:
Argh thats what i was afraid of. The pet store feeds him chocolate starfish legs.

Thanks for the heads up. Wish I coulda had one but oh well....

That's what I thought too LOL but I'm very attached to my starfish Scooter ( boyfriend named him >.< ) and wouldn't wish him an end like that

Back
Top Bottom