Harlequin Tusk price

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

r6mason

Aquarium Advice Activist
How much do Harlequin Tusk usually run??

I found on www.jawz.net that they are selling them for 34.99 which I believe is a pretty good deal. I saw that the Harlequin Tusk was a favorite fish for some people and just wanted to share my findings.

that isnt a bad price. I have seen them go for 100+ in some fish stores.

The tusk you found on that site was most likely caught using cyanide in the Philippines. Maybe you should email them and find out?

In all my research i have found that these very same (non cyanide caught) fish from Australia, are the ones you see for $60.00 to $100.00.

It is a cruel practice that is why i decided against this fish!

Steve

That's the before shipping price, right? If you're paying another $35 to ship him, what's the use?

I never understood buying live stock online/mail order. Shipping cost, distress to the fish, risk, needing to wait at home for d'man. Heck, I much rather go to the store, find the specimen I want, calm, cool adjusted and EATING and take the little bugger home.

Also, big HT's I've seen for $100+, but smaller specimens I see regularly for $20-$30 here in HB, CA

That's the before shipping price, right? If you're paying another $35 to ship him, what's the use?

First of all, most people do not buy just one fish when they make an online purchase. There can be substantial savings even with the shipping, when you are buying additional things such as snails, crabs, corals, more fish etc.

Another reason people buy online is that the vast majority of stores do not carry a very good variety, just the more common, clowns, damsels etc.

Some online vendors offer nice guarantees of 5-10 days...most LFS will not do that.

As far as the well adjuisted fish at the LFS, most don't stay in stock long enough to become adjusted, before being sold yet again and have to through another acclimation process.

Supporting your LFS is not a bad thing. I am not saying that, but the implication that buying online is not very smart, is not well founded in fact either.

Back
Top Bottom