Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > Saltwater and Reef > Saltwater Reef Aquaria
Click Here to Login

Join Aquarium Advice Today

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com

Old 04-09-2010, 03:22 PM   #1
Aquarium Advice FINatic

Has anyone done business with Liveaquatix.com?

Hello all,
Has anyone done business with Liveaquatix.com? They seem to have decent prices and offer micro brittle stars (which I cant seem to find anywhere else). I was planning on getting some stars, bristle worms, and some algae to help liven up my tank. (I spent quite some time last night with red flashlight looking at the tank only to find very little going on ).

Liveaquatix.com

They offer priority mail shipping. Anyone ever shipped something like micro brittle stars or bristle worms via priority? (Safe to assume at least 2 days packaged up before getting fresh air). I recently ordered copepods via priority mail. They came and I couldnt see much (live or dead) but within days the tank I made for them is full of pods.

My sand bed sucks. Nothing interesting in it besides bacteria.

Matt

Old 05-03-2010, 08:25 PM   #2
Aquarium Advice Addict

POTM Champion

did you ever try this?

Old 05-03-2010, 08:28 PM   #3
is back to save the day!

Cool and all.. but their packages are WAY WAY overpriced. I would never pay 35$ for 5 bristleworms and 5 microstars. Go to the LFS, pick up a nice size ball of chaeto/caulerpa and you will get all those critters and more, all for the price of the ball of chaeto you picked up.
Old 05-05-2010, 12:35 AM   #4
Aquarium Advice FINatic

Good point zero. Does seem foolish to pay $50 to get some worms and stars huh? Maybe I would be better off by getting some fresh from the sea live rock?

I need some diversity! Absolutely no bristle worms at all! No stars that I can see either. I sit with my red light on the tank at night hours after lights out time and see nothing.

Maybe my sixlines wrasse is being a jerk?

Matt
Old 05-05-2010, 12:59 AM   #5
is back to save the day!

I put my money on the six-line. They eat pods and other small critters like it's their job.

Anyways.. whatcha got? Sump.. fuge? etc..?

Maybe you could get a few new small pieces of fully cured live rock to stick in your DT. That might bring a little life to the tank. I was gonna say if you have a fuge, you could dig up some sand, or a few smaller pieces of rock and bring it to the DT because most of the time.. you see a lot of cool critters in fuges.
Old 05-05-2010, 01:38 AM   #6
Aquarium Advice FINatic

No sump or fuge, too elaborate for my setup.

I have just a 20g. In the top is a little cage/refugium made of egg crate that is holding a small fist size amount of chaeto and has the output of my fluval 305 blowing right into this.

My LFS sells fully cured LR, but the stuff looks pretty clean of anything but bacteria. Sits in its own tank with no light, no sand. I can get LR directly from the ocean via a seller in my state (florida) that aquacultures LR near the reef in the keys. I may go with him and isolate some rock for a week or so to look for bad guys.

Matt
Old 05-05-2010, 02:17 AM   #7
Aquarium Advice Addict

: : : : Indo-Pacific Sea Farms : : : : is another place that sells stuff also expensive..
Greenmaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2010, 02:53 PM   #8
is back to save the day!

Ah i see.. then why not get a new ball of chaeto? Maybe even through an online retailer or through ebay. That's where the most of the crazy critters i saw came from. I had a huge serpent star come in through the ball of chaeto i got. The body wasn't that big.. but with the body + it's arms.. it was really big lol. I never saw after that day tho.. my tank was pretty big.. so there must have been tons of places he could have been hiding.
Old 05-05-2010, 03:48 PM   #9
Aquarium Advice FINatic

You must be getting lucky with the critters and the chaeto. Ive gotten chaeto twice from ebay (different sellers) and never gotten more than a large clump of green spaghetti.

Matt
Old 05-06-2010, 01:34 AM   #10
Aquarium Advice Addict

I'll probably be buying some critters... I plan on avoiding as many hitchhikers (bad ones) as possible.

Greenmaster is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
live

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com