Venomous stings can be different depending on the person, allergic reaction, amount of envenomation, and age of the animal (young animals will expunge in greater amounts). I've seen people literally act like nothing has happened and others whom had major complications such as mycobacterium infections...not fun. The rule of thumb is always to submerge that body part in as hot as water as you can stand (non-scalding) without burning yourself since the proteins are of heat-labile characteristics and, of course, apply pressure to minimize bleeding. Some of the actual symptoms range from mild localized pain, nausia, and fever to intense pain, vomiting, edema (swelling via excessive fluid due to trauma), cardiovascular complications, etc. All symptoms advance in allergic reactions. it would be smart to visit the E.R. after such an incident since spines may break into the wound during an event or other complications.