Has anyone put a school of firefish gobies together before?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Gregcoyote

Aquarium Advice Addict
Has anyone put a school of firefish gobies together before? Would a dozen of them get along? Big reef tank and I have one hanging out now. Thought a group of them would be interesting.

According to Liveaquaria "In the wild, the Firefish Goby is usually found in groups hovering over the reef, harvesting planktonic food that drifts by in the current."

Buy them all at a young age, and make sure no aggression is introduced, and you should have a happy nice school of fire fish.

I have 5 in a 55 gal. two have paired up and sleep in the same cave the others sleep alone about 5 min after lights on they school in the current very cool to watch. Do buy them all at the same time though

You sure you wanna do all 12 of the same fish? Cardinals school. Scissortail gobies is another. Anthias is you can feed more than once a day. Maybe 3 different kinds of schooling fish, 4 each?

I have a school of 6 canary wrasses and really enjoy them. Use to have a school of Chromis years ago, but they can get ornery. But I am looking for suggestions.

Back
Top Bottom