Has anyone tried Marc Weiss Reef Vital DNA ?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

briandh76

Aquarium Advice Regular
I went to the lfs and was talking with the manager about reef additives. He tried to sell me Marc Weiss Reef Vital DNA. It was like $30 for a 16oz bottle (I thi9nk it was 16oz). I was just curious if anyone has used this and what the pros and cons were on this? Right now I have a 75 gal reef wish just a couple of fish (in qt right now) and some crabs and snails. 50 lbs of live rock.

It was like $30 for a 16oz bottle
This is the main problem with most reef additives. They are just too exspensive to be worth it.
Right now I have a 75 gal reef wish just a couple of fish (in qt right now) and some crabs and snails. 50 lbs of live rock.
What do you need a reef suppliment for right now? There is really nothing in your tank that will benefit from it. Is there something speciffically that you are wanting to add? Depending on the water you are using, some people will need to dose a CA/ALK solution to keep levels up, this is only really needed for certain corals though. Honestly, 95% of reef additives are a scam. You can replace all of the essential trace elements by doing regular and frequent water changes with a good quality salt.

Back
Top Bottom