hating my overflow

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

pearsont74

Aquarium Advice FINatic
urrrgg.....(have to vent)
I need to get a good.....(quiet) overflow box. any suggestions? how good and reliable are these http://cgi.ebay.com/Overflow-Box-Pr...ryZ46310QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

i have dual over flows...and i like the fact that i have 2 since my 100 gal tank has that middle glass on the top...have one on each side and have dual returns. thinkin of just gettin one big one with dual returns?? any thought

Before buying a new overflow, tell us what the issue is with the one you have. It may be a simple as making a Durso device for about $4.

durso?
well....have the issue is they are loud as all get out
2ndly...the thisis the biggest issue....i dont feel they are 100% failsafe....the one im having the issue with doesnt seem to have good gph flow....
does 2 U tubes increase the flow?

pearsont74 said:
durso?
well....have the issue is they are loud as all get out
2ndly...the thisis the biggest issue....i dont feel they are 100% failsafe....the one im having the issue with doesnt seem to have good gph flow....
does 2 U tubes increase the flow?

check to make sure the water falling into the box isn't dumping bubbles into teh tube.

I had one collect bubbles in the U tube that went form in the tank out, and it hampered my flow. I have since taken them out every 2 months and cleaned out the coraline so i can see the water.

The durso is just a T pvc with a 90 degree pointed down, and a cap on the top

This will raise teh water to the cross section of the T and allow the fitting to suck from underneath the water lvl providing a quiet overflow

www.dursostandpipes.com

Back
Top Bottom