Have trouble with water par

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Spechty37

Aquarium Advice Freak
My nitrates are under 5 my nitrites are 0 my ph is between 7.5 and. 8 my alk is around 3 and my cal is about 350 I did three water changes every other day at 20 gallons each it's a 75g tank and nothing changed how do I raise my ph, alk, and calcium thank you

Forgot to tell you I only have a couple fish two nems and a few softies

Do you have a magnesium reading? Magnesium, Alk, and calc are all interconnected.

There are a few options to take a look at but mag is the third measurement that is needed. When I get to a pc I can give you a few links to sites that helped me out with my recent troubles.

I don't have a mag test. I will get one and get back to u. Thank you.

With large water changes every other day, it is hard to believe those parameters aren't where they need to be unless there is an issue with the salt mix. What is in the tank is no where near needing dosing of any kind...that is minimal stock for a 30 gallon tank, let alone a 75! What tests are you using? It is important to have things in check, but it is also important to understand that chasing numbers will cause you issues. I tried chasing the ph I want in my tank, but can never get it. I have no issues and things thrive so I stopped.

Back
Top Bottom