havent been keeping up with the tank?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Elykreefs97

Aquarium Advice FINatic
so today came to a conclusion that i havent been paying much atention to my reef but more to friends. when i started i devoted almost 50 % of my time to my reef. now i would say i only give maybe 25 percent, i do my water changes weekly clean the glass and filter pads but not much more. i havent found the time to test in maybe three weeks. i feel like im loosing interest in the hobby but i really really dont want to. ive had hair algea for the past month and cant get rid of it which makes me more pissed off.

Any one have any suggestions for me to get me back on my feet.

i just had a fish die do you thinks its a good idea to get another one. right now i have a maroon clown and a yellow tail damsel

well iv always had trouble with keeping a third fish although then never die from being picked on they always find a way. the first i had was a black nox angel which i droped a rock on. second was a bicolor angel which just died after two weeks. but the last one was a dragon gobie which lasted two months and i thought he was going to stay but he died just last week

well iv always had trouble with keeping a third fish although then never die from being picked on they always find a way. the first i had was a black nox angel which i droped a rock on. second was a bicolor angel which just died after two weeks. but the last one was a dragon gobie which lasted two months and i thought he was going to stay but he died just last week

How big is the tank? Do you have problems with the parameters? What are they? Damsels and clownfish are hardy and the dwarf angels, not as much so maybe that's where the problem lies. Aren't dragon gobies freshwater/brackish, not completely saltwater? I know some brackish fish like mollies you can convert to full sw if done slowly.

no dragon gobies are full salt there is a brackish dragon gobie. the tank is 29 gallons and parameters look fine exept my nitrites are very little.

will do i was alwats scared of causeing a cycle so i always do like 5 gallon water chages

if your tank is fully cycled you can do bigger changes if needed wc wont cause a cycle
I do 10gal wc on my 37 and 40 weekly 20 gal wc bi-weekly
it helps keep things in check
I keep a log on water parameters incl time and date taken and what ever other tasks were preformed so if a issue arises you can look back to see what changed in your log
you wouldn't believe how it makes life easy figuring out a issue

Back
Top Bottom